Teaching and Community Partnerships
The Miró Quartet deeply believes in the power of music to ignite and bring together people of diverse backgrounds, as well as in its power to nurture the soul and educate the mind. In this spirit, the Miró Quartet is excited and eager to partner with presenting organizations to curate specially designed Community Partnership opportunities that enhance audience engagement. These offerings were designed in tandem with the Miró Quartet’s wide-ranging educational offerings, stemming from their experience as resident string quartet at The University of Texas at Austin Butler School of Music.
Some of these programs and offerings include:
- INFORMANCE: A lecture/demonstration, best paired with repertoire to be performed at an evening concert, highlighting the creative process of the composer and the challenges and intricacies of the score.
- OPEN REHEARSALS: An opportunity for audiences to experience the highly nuanced process of preparing a great work of chamber music for performance.
- MASTER CLASSES/COACHINGS: A terrific way of instigating or deepening partnerships between presenting organizations and community music schools, colleges, and universities, as well as offering aspiring musicians the opportunity to work with a high-profile group of internationally acclaimed musicians.
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS: Offering insight on music-related and industry-wide topics.
- PERFORMER SPECIFIC SESSIONS: Discussion sessions for aspiring musicians on how a chamber music group functions, from how to best communicate in rehearsals to how to form and sustain a successful chamber music ensemble.
We look forward to partnering with your organization to customize meaningful activities for your audience and community. For more information, please contact Opus 3 Artists.
For more information on our teaching at the University of Texas at Austin, and on our graduate resident string quartet program, please click below: